13/03/20 – FA suspend all Football until 4th April
18/03/20 – The government announce that schools throughout the UK will close by end of day Friday 20th March
19/03/20 – The school is open today and we will start the process of handing out the packs for children to do at home. We have also prepared a vast amount of online learning which will go live on our website later today. The school is taking our duty to provide work and support for you at home very seriously and we will be available online during the closure to support your child with any questions they may have.
I understand that some of you may want to keep your child at home immediately and that is a decision for you to make. If you would like to collect a pack from school during the course of the day please do so after 10am today.
I will be sending out a longer statement later in the day and will stay in regular communication with you via parents during this unprecedented closure. Please follow all PHE advice during this closure. Your child should supervised at home at all times and the advice is to radically reduce social contact in order to slow the spread of the virus.
Best wishes and stay safe.
20/03/20 – Closure letter from head teacher
25/03/20 – Weekly update
- Year 3 Week 2 Timetable
- Music – All Arts Award Templates can be located on Google Drive
A selection of social stories to support understanding of topics related to the current Coronavirus outbreak
Social Story – Online Safety
Social Story – Sharing Personal Information
An inclusive local family directory and service guide for families with children and young people aged 0-25 years with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability.
Emergency Assistance (i.e. food parcels, clothing etc)
- Family Lives – provides information, advice, guidance and support on any aspect of parenting and family life. Their helpline number is 0808 800 2222
- Gingerbread – provides single parents with advice and practical support. You can call the Gingerbread Single Parent Helpline on 0808 802 0925
- Relate – provides relationship support, including help for children and young people and help with family life and parenting
- Single Parents – provides single parents with help, advice and support
- YoungMinds for Parents – provides advice about mental health and behaviour problems in children and young people. You can call the parents’ helpline on 0808 802 5544
- Family Rights Group – provides parents or other relatives with advice about their rights and options when social workers or courts make decisions about their children’s welfare. Their advice line number is 0808 801 0366
- Newham NCT – (includes breastfeeding support) and Parents in Mind PND support
- Maternity Voices Partnership Newham – Social Action for Health
- Alternatives – Pregnancy and family support particularly those with no access to public funds.
- Kooth Online Counselling (10-16 year olds)
- Childline – 0800 11 11
- Newham Talking Therapies (self-referral) – 0208 475 8080
- NSPCC – 0808 800 5000
- Family Lives – 0808 800 2222
- Runaway Free – 116 000
- Young Minds Parent Helpline – 0808 802 5544
- Gangsline – 0800 032 9538
- Crimestoppers – 0800 555 111
Community Based Support Groups
112 – 118 The Grove
Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
Tel: 020 8430 2041
Social Media Apps and Support Groups
- A Facebook group for Newham has been set up where people have been posting information for residents in need of support
- OLIO App – Olio is a mobile app for food-sharing, aiming to reduce food waste. It does this by connecting those with surplus food to those who need or wish to consume such food.
Useful guides for Home School Learning and E-Safety
|Website Guide for Parents||Home School Learning Via Tablet/Phone||Home School Learning Via Web Browser|
|KS1 Let’s talk about E-Safety||KS2 Let’s talk about E-Safety||E-Safety and Home School Agreement|
Here are some useful links for online learning and resources