Who are they?
The governing body is an elected group of up to 10 individuals, made up of parents, staff and members of the local community who support the children and staff by helping to make decisions, monitoring progress and addressing general school issues.
Star’s Governing Body come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing a range of different skills, knowledge and experiences which helps in dealing with school business and giving the children the best education possible.
The Governing Body meets twice a term as well as regular meetings with the Head and other staff to check progress. They work on a voluntary basis to support the strategic leadership of the school. Governors typically serve for four years, and will have a variety of responsibilities during this time.
What do they do?
Whilst the governing body are a legal entity with responsibility for the effective management of the school, this only duty only represents part of their overall role.
Some of their activities include:
- Supporting the school in effective delivery of the curriculum
- Ensuring that children make good progress throughout their school life
- Working with the Headteacher to monitor the annual budget and finances
- Monitoring long-term planning for the future development of the school
- Ensure the school has effective policies covering areas such as safeguarding, recruitment, health & safety etc.
In addition to acting as a critical friend to the school, the governors play proactive role in addressing any concerns as well as be active in celebrating in the success of the children.
- The governors attend many school productions, educational and charity events
- They regularly visit the school to experience everyday school life
- The governors often lend a hand to volunteer at school activities and events
As a group, they continue to develop the school for the benefit of the children.
If you would like to find out more about the work of the governors, have a passion and concern for the development of children. Please contact the school office to find out how to join the governing body or if you have any concerns or contributions.
|Disclosure of Interests||Membership Information||Instrument of Government|
Ms Lisle von Buchenroder
|Co-Chair of Governors/Authority Governor
Mrs Diane Tatnell
|Co-Chair of Governors/Co-Opted Governor
Mr Simon Myers
Mr Isaac Asare
Ms Shantelle Hendrickson
Mrs Donna Howard
Mr Steven Carbutt
|Co-Opted Governor/Vice Chair
Ms Tanisha Russell
Ms Nina Rajan –Weare